Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Comic book

This week I focused on Carl Barks, and Herge. As a child I grew up reading, and consuming everything TinTin related so needless to say I was very excited for this week. This is the first time I have read any Carl Barks, but I can understand the universal appeal of his stories. Especially the stories with Uncle Scrooge, I just really enjoy the idea of an old miser that is a duck and swims in pools of his money. The stories are entertaining enough, and are very safe stories with not much risque behavior like in TinTin. Where they often get drunk and sometimes say pretty racist things.

When reading TinTin I went on a huge nostalgia trip to when I was seven. I remember receiving a few TinTin books from my aunt, and when I started to read them I was hooked. I reread the books so many times. For a brief period I also had a giant crush on TinTin, and had the hopes of one day growing up and marrying him. After many years, and crushed dreams of marrying a fictional character  TinTin is exciting, and still very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment