Sunday, February 24, 2013

Underground Comics

I've been looking forward to the underground comic week for sometime now.  I enjoy absurd in your face comics dealing with sex, drugs, and rock and roll. I read mostly gay comix, tits and clits, and a few Robert Crumb comics.
I really enjoyed Robert Crumbs work, but I was really put off at the amount of text per image panel. The beautiful grungy images were just so over powered with the text that was incorporated poorly.

The tits and clits comics besides from having an awesome name, were funny and enjoyable. It was awesome to know that it was an all woman publication. I'm all for sex-positive feminism, and sexual freedom. All the stories were focused on women, and their desires. Also I thought that the vibrator ads were very perfect for this publication.

Gay Comix also had really interesting short stories. Gay comics had more of an array of stories from sex hungry gay men to lesbians looking for love. Again it's awesome that everybody that contributed to gay comix were openly gay. Most of the stories in this comic seem like a bit autobiographical. I remember one comic about a guy going to a gay bar looking for a man to have sex, and just thinking about his family and how they view him. This story reminded me of one of my friends from back home and how he about his family and himself. The story about the bisexual girl, and her journey of coming out was really charming. It was a very personal story that she shared with the world, and I'm sure a lot of people can relate to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment